Why the Western Business and Taxpayers Association?
There are plenty reasons to move Alberta to the world stage, as can be read on our Why Move Beyond Canada section. Our initial media release (below) makes a great case as well.
However, the primary reason for creating the WBTA is to have an organization that will act as a support structure for all those with our goals. Below you will find our 6 point plan:
- Create a business network that will strengthen Alberta manufacturers, exporters and innovators and help them prosper so they can perform on a world stage and support the broader plan of western sovereignty.
- Connect Alberta Manufacturing in rural areas with the publicly funded advanced education resources and business development resources of our urban centers.
- Fund inter-Alberta trade missions to increase trade within Alberta.
- Fund international trade missions on behalf of our membership to increase exports and GDP of Alberta.
- Work with Alberta government and Sovereignist parties to form Alberta-First policies.
- Generate content for both social media and mainstream media to change the narritive and highlight the real issues that are hindering innovation of Alberta business and our ability to be commercially innovative.
- Provide training in Campaign Management, Candidate Development, Fundraising, Media Training and more for those that want to organize for elected office or to promote the sovereignist agenda across Western Canada or in their provinces specifically.
THE WEST WANTS OUT!
Separatist Business & Taxpayer Association Created
For Immediate Release
Wednesday - December 3
Calgary - Alberta
In response to the recent coalition agreement proposed by the Liberals, NDP and the Bloc Quebecois a new business and taxpayer organization is being launched in Calgary, Alberta with the sole objective of encouraging and creating a climate for Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia to leave confederation.
"Western Canada voted overwhelmingly for the Conservative Party of Canada and for Stephen Harper to be become the Prime Minister. Despite the fact that Prime Minister Harper was democratically elected, Ontario and Quebec once again united against us, to take our voice away. Financially and politically Western Canadians would be better served in a separate nation. Our objective is to unite Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia in a new free and democratic country or coalition of states". Said David Crutcher the current Executive Director of the Western Business and Taxpayers Association (WBTA).
The WBTA feels strongly that the economies of western Canada needed to be brought together in a closer manner much like Alberta and British Columbia have already been doing with the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility Agreement (Tilma). WBTA is taking an economic and business approach to leaving and educating the business community on how separation can occur and the benefits of such a move.
" We are taxed more because of Ottawa, we have Central Canada looking to implement a carbon tax on our resources and our democratic choices are ignored by Ontario and Quebec. If Central Canada does not get it's way they find loop holes to do so. There is not a single arguement that we can't win with the facts. When we present them to the people, leaving confederation will be the most logical thing to do. Using Alberta as an example, in 2003 the Alberta government estimated it sent $11,100,000,000 (that is eleven point one billion dollars) of our money to Ottawa. This year, the amount could be much higher, perhaps $12 billion to $15 billion. It would be one thing to contribute to a nation that respected you, respected democracy anddid not constantly be-little you, but, we have been abused for far too long. This is a bad marriage and the burden of financial and democratic abuse is too much. It is time we filed for divorce". Continued Crutcher.
David Crutcher is currently in talks with several high profile federal conservatives, activists, former Reform Party Members of Parliament and members of current separatist movements such as the Separation Party of Alberta. The website for the organization will be completed by Monday, December 8 and meetings will be held in a private location with several well known conservatives in Calgary next week.
"We are not a political party, but may eventually morph into a Western Bloc style party. In the meantime we will be a separatist network that will strengthen the businesses of separatists and help them prosper so they can in turn donate to groups like the Separation Party of Alberta or any other party that may come along in Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. We will also implement other strategies that will dramatically affect other parties. We will fund any and all who share our vision of a new nation and we understand this war needs to be fought on many fronts". Concluded Crutcher.
The first efforts being launched by the WBTA is a membership drive, the developing of a white paper on separation and an effort to convince the governments of Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia to withdraw from the federal transfer program, start collecting their own taxes and have a referendum on leaving confederation in compliance with the Clarity Act.
- 30 -
For More information contact the following: